Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kaylee's Birthday!

Kaylee started her day off at 6:30, which is about an hour and a half earlier than usual. I think she knew it was her birthday. When Nate and Dusty got up, we did our traditional cake and present. She got a couple of outfits and a new swimsuit. Now if the weather would just be nice enough for her to wear them.
I told Kaylee to hold up what she got so I could take a picture,
and she rolled them up in a ball and held them up.
Silly girl:)

After that we went to church, and came home and waited for family to arrive, so we could party! When everyone got there we ate and then opened presents then sang happy birthday. She got some play dough, a Leapster, some pants, some books, and I made her a bug in a rug. Nate's mom came down a couple days later and gave her a couple more outfits, flip flops, jewelry, and a baby.
Nate has called Kaylee, his Kaylee bug-in-a-rug, since she was born, and we still call her that. A couple months ago, Ephraim had a quilting class and they were making these for one of the classes. I had to make her one for her birthday. Its not perfect but she loves it! I thought it was perfect for her!
Last but not least the cake! She wanted a Tinkerbell cake and I was lost on how to make it. I got online and looked at tons, but none of them really caught my eye. So I took some ideas from a bunch of different cakes. This is what I came up with! I thought it turned out pretty good, and so did Kaylee. She said that was her favorite part. The pink flower things are made from Laffy Taffy's that I stretched out a little.

Kaylee is such a sweet girl! We love her so much! She loves helping me around the house, doing lots of things, like the dishes, laundry, making food, or folding clothes. I can't believe my baby is 3 years old. She is a little smarty and absolutely loves to learn. She spoils her brother rotten and loves to! I don't know what Dusty would do without her, ha! She loves spending every second with her dad when he is home and hates it when he leaves. She watches him leave out the window every morning. She loves playing babies, house, and pretending she is someone or something else. We love you so much Kaylee!

5 comments:

Chavonne said...

I think that is the cutest cake I've ever seen. And YOU made it up! You creative little cutie. Happy Birthday Kaylee-bug-in-a-rug!

Kira Dee said...

Happy Birthday!! The cake and Kaylee are so cute!! :)

The Good Ol Days said...

What a cute cake! Happy Birthday to little kaylee, how fun. So have any names for number 3? We're so excited for you guys!!

Lauren said...

Loooove the cake!! Looks like Kaylee does too! Happy birthday sweet girl!

ShEiLa said...

Such a cute cake.
Miss Kaylee just gets cuter and cuter... she totally looks like a May girl.

Congrats...
I have been out of touch but just saw that you guys have baby #3 on the way.

ToOdLeS.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May