Monday, October 24, 2011

Bye-bye Steers!

We sold the steers today! Dusty did not want to go to school because of this, so pretended to be sick. I told him that if he didn't go to school then he would have to help Dad with the cows and no complaining. He was fine with it, his words were, "I like working with the cows!" We got down there to find Nate bringing in all the cows off the swamp by himself. The 2 guys helping him decided that they would take a swim in the river, when it was FREEZING out there, haha, so they went to thaw out. So we drove out there as far as we could and helped him bring them in.


Separating off the steers from their Mamas
Lane and Chad made it back with dry pants, socks, and boots, just in time!




The kids and I in our spot blocking a hole so they wouldn't escape.
(Like how Kaylee is trying to make Kort look at the camera:)


Loading them in the semi


See ya later little-big steers! Hope you bring us lots of money!!
I say little-big because they were huge! I was having a hard time telling a difference between them and the moms. Nate loves doing what he does and it shows because he does such a good job at it. I can't believe how smart he is, and he is always trying to learn more and figure out ways to make things better and I think that is what makes him so good at it.

2 comments:

J and Heather said...

How exciting!!! Your family is just amazing and I miss you tremendously!! The little ones are getting so big, I can't believe Kort is already a year old. Love you!

Chase and Megan Whittaker said...

How fun!! Shipping day is such a happy day!! :)

Nathan Kay and Felicia May