My blog needs some serious attention....I thought for a while that I just didn't want to do it anymore and be done with it. But I decided that I need it. We had a good summer, it went by really fast, but it was great. Nate and I went on a little tiny trip for our anniversary. Looking back on it now I think it ended up being a fun and memorable trip, but at the time...let's just say it didn't really go as planned! It was nice to get away and do something with him!
We only went camping I think twice up at Willow Creek this year, which is pretty bad considering we usually go about every weekend. But the weather just wasn't that great this summer for camping. ALOT of rain! Which also means it wasn't that great for swimming either. I think we only went about 4-5 times, sad. Oh well:) Hopefully we will have better luck next year!
The highlight of the summer was August 8 when Dusty broke his arm. That story will get its own post! Dusty started kindergarten this year and we put Kaylee in a preschool with all boys...luckily 2 more girls signed up just in time to start, phew. Dusty is loving kindergarten and I can't believe how much he has already learned! And Kaylee is of course loving preschool. She can't stand that Dusty can read a little and she can't. So the summer has officially ended since it snowed the other day. Which means no more walks with our friends and very little playing outside. I did get some grass in the backyard this summer! So that is exciting for me, its nice to see grass back there instead of just weeds galore. It still needs alot of work, but it will come with time!
Kort has grown so much! I can't believe he will be 1 in a couple of weeks...or less. He is so much fun. He is constantly making someone laugh. His favorite thing to do are point and wave. He thinks flies are so cool and he likes to drop things so he can say uh-oh. He finally learned to crawl right before he turned 11 months. He has few words he can say, like: Dada, hi, Dudu(Dusty),uh-oh, dee-da-doo(Peek-a-boo), wo, and mama(only when he is crying and really wants me). He was trying to whistle at the puppy a few days ago. It was cute, he would blow in and out trying so hard and then spit, because it was the only noise he could make.
Nate has had a pretty good summer with the cows. He got to take more cows up the mountain this year, due to his permit partner not taking any up. So that is good for us. He just got them down last weekend. And everything is going well that way! I think that about sums it up. I am really sad to say this but I didn't get very many pictures this summer at all, so here are just a few that I did get.




3 comments:
Your kids are all so attractive and adorable! I love your new pictures!
Wow! Your kids are growing up so fast... they are super cute!!!! I love the photo on your header.
I am jealous of your snow...(I imagine I will enjoy some when we see Yvette in Logan next month) and rain. Celestial is in Portland and I love visiting her with all of the rain. One day I am going to live where you enjoy actual seasons... unlike Nevada.
ToOdLeS.
Hey Felicia! I almost gave up on my blog this Summer too. Glad you are keepin' on! I love the pictures of your kids. Miss Kaylee is getting so big and beautiful.
Lol! I see that you still have a "Cute as a Button" button on your sidebar. You can trade it out for a Designer Blogs one if you want (designerblogs.com). :)
Post a Comment