We started the calving season a few weeks ago, and there was one calf that was born and the mother died , so Nate has had to supplement it. Well, the past two mornings, he has had to leave early, so asked me to feed him. It was kinda fun, I think the calves and lambs are so cute. Then they grow up and they aren't so cute. Anyway, this morning we went out and fed Earl (Chad's kids named him Earl), After we were done feeding him, he went over to the kids and started licking Kaylee. She got a little scared and I told her it was
ok, then she turned around to look at him and then wanted me. Then he went over to Dusty and started licking him. Dusty liked it for a little while, but he got sick of it pretty quick, and then we left. He was happy to have someone to play with for a few minutes. I kinda feel bad for him, he is all alone.
Do you like their attire? Jammies, boots, and a coat.

They kids enjoyed it, they were asking me all day long if we were going to feed the calf again. So I told Nate we would feed him tonight. We went out there and Dusty fell asleep on the way. Kaylee got out with me, then it started to rain and she wanted to get back in the car. So I put her in the front seat and finished feeding him. I then came back to get in the car and I was locked out. Kaylee didn't realize what she did, and Dusty was sleeping and buckled up so I couldn't get him to unlock it. I called Nate and he came down with the spare, the second he drove up, Kaylee finally figured out how to unlock it.
4 comments:
Oh no! I'm glad you had a spare handy!!
Baby calves are so fun. I love that you call him Earl. Very funny!
Oh the exciting life of a Mother.
You never know what will happen next.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa
Robyn would be in heaven if she got to feed a calf. That is pretty funny about getting locked out. I'm always afraid that will happen.
Ok. Cute stories. My blog doesn't show that you've updated, but I thought I'd check and sure enough there are like three new posts. That bugs me.
Post a Comment