Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lately

I have a few cute pictures I wanted to post about, so here goes.

This happened one day after church, I was making dinner and she wanted a drink of milk. So I set her down with some milk and the next thing I know she is out. I didn't even hear her crying or saying anything about being tired, but she must have been very tired to fall asleep like this.

Lately Dusty has been so funny, he is always coming up with the funniest things and loves to tell stories. He has always been kinda shy around people he doesn't know, but now, if he sees that we know them and are talking to someone, he will start up conversation with them. When he tells stories he is always so excited and goes so fast its hard to understand him. I have noticed that these stories always end with the word "everyday". Its like it is his new favorite word to use so he always finds a way to use it in his stories.

Whenever I make the kids Ramen Noodles I always get a butter knife and use the end of it to smash them up. So the other day I was making dinner and I guess Kaylee wanted some juice, because I turned around and saw her trying to open the Apple Juice with a butter knife. I thought it was pretty cute and figured she got the butter knife thing from me.

This morning Dusty told me that he wanted some chocolate milk and I told him to wait a second, because I was busy and couldn't do it right away. Well, apparently my second was too long, because when I went into the kitchen to get him some I found this. He decided to make it himself and make Kaylee some as well. He dumped the rest of the milk into his cup and there was milk everywhere and he, somehow, even got some in Kaylee's cup. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot of milk left.

And last but not least, I posted this picture a few weeks ago, and my sister left a comment wondering why my kids were hanging out in the mud. So I have decided to tell about it since it was a pretty cute story. I don't know if you can tell, but Dusty has some rubber boots on, and I told him that he could walk through the puddles with them as long as he didn't splash too much and I told Kaylee not to go in the puddles because she doesn't have boots like Dusty. Well, I should have known better, mud is just too fun for little kids not to play in. So, instead of getting mad at them for not listening to me, I thought, "What the heck, I can easily wash their clothes", and just let them have a good time hanging out in the mud. Here are the after results.

Soakin wet with mud:) I love my kids and that they always find ways to make me laugh.

7 comments:

The Oler Family said...

Thanks for finally telling us why your kids were hanging out in the mud. I love that Dusty ends his stories with "everyday" thats so cute.

Anonymous said...

Felicia your kids are so cute!!! These pictures make me look forward to when my baby is bigger. It's so fun to be a mom.

ShEiLa said...

My kids have done the fall asleep at the table... or playing on the steps at Grandma's in Canada (stewart).

When they get too exhausted and they don't want to miss a thing... sleep sneaks up on them.

ToOdLeS.

Chavonne said...

I love that Dusty was getting some chocolate milk for Kaylee too.

Lauren said...

Nothing more fun than mud!!!
You do have some cute kids!

J and Heather said...

They are just too cute, just like their momma.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

I love the mud story and the cute picture of Kailee falling asleep at the table. Your kids are adorable.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May