Friday, July 3, 2009

Father's Day

I know this is a couple weeks late, but better late than never right? We didn't do anything for Father's day, which was what Nate requested. It actually turned out being a pretty fun day, we don't get very many days with Nate at home. Of course Nate ended up getting bored towards the end of the day though, so we decided to talk him into playing games with us. We played Duck duck goose, Button button, London bridges, and other fun games the kids could play.
We actually let him open his presents the day before, because I was anxious to give them to him and he had already guessed what it was. He is horrible when it comes to gifts, he always guesses what they are before they are opened. I always try to lead him a stray when he tries to get hints out of me, but it hardly ever works. He even resorted to Dusty this time, and Dusty told him "You have to wait and see", which was pretty cute, because I didn't even tell him to say that.
Anyway I got him some guitar music, so he could learn to play a little better. I let the kids pick out their gift to him, and they picked Swedish fish. Then I let them wrap it themselves. They actually did a pretty good job, and all I did was give them pieces of tape. Kaylee kept on trying to put the tape on upside down and couldn't figure out why it wasn't sticking to the paper. I wish I was recording it because it was so cute.


The wrapping job

These next two pictures are of the kids a couple days later when we went up to Scofield, to check on the sheep. They both fell asleep, Kaylee fell asleep holding tight to Nate, because she wasn't used to the winding road, and Dusty fell asleep using the seat belt as a pillow. They are so funny!

I hope you had a good Father's Day Nate! I also wanted to tell my Dad how much I love him! He is such an awesome example to me, I love him so much, thanks for all you do for us and for all your love and support! And Kay, thanks for all of the good memories we have with you, you hold a very special place in our hearts and we miss you dearly. We wish you were here to see our kids, but we know they had their chance to get to know you before they came to us. Not a day goes by that we don't think of you. We love you!

2 comments:

The Oler Family said...

I like the christmas wrapping paper ;). I love Love LOVE that picture with Kaylee sleeping on Nate, that has the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Love ya!

ShEiLa said...

Kids are so adorable when they sleep.

ToOdLeS.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May