12 years ago
Monday, July 6, 2009
I Love The Mountains!
Last week we had our annual cattle drive up the mountain. We left at 5 in the morning and got there about 9:30. We had lots of wonderful help and are very grateful to everyone that helped! We also had a couple accidents. One being Nate, one cow decided that it was going to go off the trail into the brush, I thought I could try and cut it off, but that only made it go farther and faster off the trail. So, Nate took off after it at full speed, because it was going to end up back down the mountain. When it all at once decided to make a sudden right turn and Bucky, being the athletic horse that he is, followed. Nate thought he should let it go, so he went to try and turn Bucky the other way and slow him down, and somehow ended up half way off the horse, so he grabbed the reins, because he was trying to grab onto anything to get him back on and ended up making Bucky swing his head into Nate's. Which then knocked Nate out and sent him flying onto the ground. Other than the fact that he was a little out of it the rest of the day, everything is fine, nothing too serious. I felt so bad, but we did have a good time and enjoyed the drive. I got a few good pictures of the cows in the mountains. I tried to get a picture of Nate and I after, but my camera decided to be weird and not work, so I was a little bummed about that. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Beautiful scenery!
I am so jealous. I want to do a cattle drive. That is amazing that you get to do that. Fun fun fun.
The scenery is gorgeous. I would love to be up there riding horses. That is one thing I really miss from my childhood.
ToOdLeS.
Post a Comment