Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our weekend

Sunday night we had plans to go up the mountain and have dutch oven dinner with some friends. So we were getting ready to go and I get a call from MaryAnn saying that Tyler and Ashley were having their baby and she was in San Diego and Ashley's mom was in Greece, so they wanted me to come up. So I headed up and the kids and Nate went without me. It was fun to be there with them, and everything went great! I kept telling her to wait a few more hours so he could have the same birthday as me. But they didn't really like that idea. I don't blame them. The next morning I was telling Dusty and Kaylee that Ashley had her baby and it wasn't in her tummy anymore and Kaylee said "Awww, thats not nice." It was quite hillarious!

Our newest nephew, Stetson Kay Thomson
7lb. 4oz.

Then Monday was my birthday! I had such a great day! I wasn't planning on doing much, but it turned out to be a pretty eventful day! Nate and the kids sang happy birthday to me in the morning, well Nate sang a solo while Dusty and Kaylee threw in a few words here and there, it was cute! Then Nate went to work for a little while so we could do something later and then my mom called and said that Angelica and her family were down for the weekend so they all decided to go for a buggie ride and a picnic. Ross' (Chavonne's husband) family has a buggie and a team of horses and they do this quite often. So the kids and I went over for that, all the little kids thought it was pretty awesome.
Then we headed back home and Nate saddled up a couple of horses and we all went for a ride. The kids loved it! That was my favorite part of the day, it was so fun to spend that time with my three favorite people!
Then after we got back we went right over to Nate's grandparent's house for pizza and cake and ice cream! Then to put a perfect ending on my fun day, Kaylee was running around and tripped and hit her head on the window sill. It was so sad, she got the biggest goose egg I have ever seen! It was like instant too, she hit her head and turned around and it was huge! We all felt so bad for her, it looked so painful. But, she is OK now, she just has a big bruise. That was the only thing I got a picture of all day:)

Kaylee and her giant goose egg!


So that was my day! It was so fun! I got lots of great gifts from everyone, and my awesome husband got me an ipod! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! You got your ipod! How fun!- I can't believe the size of that goose egg on Kaylee's head! I don't think I have ever seen one that big before. Ouch!

ShEiLa said...

Oh dear.
Madison had a similar goose-egg before I left for Illinois. I hope she is doing much better. Those always scare me.

Stetson is a cutie.

The horse and buggy ride sounds fun.

ToOdLeS.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May