Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Latest With My Kids

I have been really bad at blogging like the past six months, but it seems like I always think about blogging stuff and then I never do it. I don't know, maybe I am just too lazy and maybe its just that my camera never has batteries because they always get stolen to put in Thomas. But, I am going to try and do better from now on.
My kids are getting so big I can't hardly believe it. A few of Dusty's favorite things to do lately are: play with his trains, the kid loves his trains. Last year when we got him those trains for Christmas I kinda expected him to slowly get sick of playing with them, but he still plays with them everyday and has asked for more for this Christmas; he loves to tow stuff. He is always hooking some kind of car or tractor to something else he can pull with any kind of rope or string; lately he has liked acting like a dog and has actually become pretty good at the dog whining and barking sounds. He always has such a cute little face that he makes when he acts like a dog; He loves going to school and always comes home and tells all about what they did and learned. He has become a pretty independent little man, and everyday I think about when he was born and how little he was and how big he is now.
His and Kaylee's biggest things to recognize lately are matching and gender. Every time I tell them we are going to some one's house they always have to tell me that they are either a girl like Mom and Kaylee or a boy like Dad and Dusty. A little while ago we went to my mom's for a visit and their cousins Wyatt and Misty were there. They brought their Chick and King cars to play with. Kaylee had fallen asleep so Wyatt was playing with one of the cars. Dusty got a little upset and wanted to take it away from him, so Chavonne was trying to convince him to share it with Wyatt since Kaylee was asleep. Dusty's response was "Bbut bubut but it doesn't match his shirt!" It was settled though when Chavonne told him that it matched his eyes.

Some of Kaylee's favorite things are: playing with Brutus, she loves that dog. She is constantly playing with him, she likes to put necklaces on him, take him by the collar and pull him around the house and, wrestle with him: she loves to sing songs, and tell stories. Whenever she tells her stories she always acts them out and ends each sentence with "yah"; she loves anything pink and princess. Whenever she sees a kid playing with a toy, weather she owns one or not, she always says, "They have that like me, but mine is pink huh."; she loves riding her bike, I still can't believe how good she is on that thing. She has always been so quick at learning things and I think it is because she tries to keep up with her brother; She is always so nice to share with Dusty and spoils him way more than anyone else does. Whenever you ask her what her name is she says, "Kaylee bug in the rug". She is such a sweetheart and doesn't like to see anyone unhappy. They both love playing games and "fighting to the death" with their dad. I am so grateful for these two cute kids, I don't know what I ever did with out them!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your kids are so CUTE and its crazy how fast they grow!!!

ShEiLa said...

It is hard for me to see how big your kids are... because I can remember you that small... my how time flies.

Thanks for posting... I check often and was glad to see an update.

ToOdLeS.

Amanda Monk said...

Your little girl is starting to look older than Dusty! Both are darling. I hope everything has been busy good for you and you family

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Your kids are adorable!! It was way good to see you at Thanksgiving! My baby was way overwhelmed with how many people there were too! It's crazy just how big that family is!! I don't know how anyone could not be overwhelmed by it. :)

Lauren said...

Great update!
I've been a bad blogger the past few months too.. oh well!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May