Thursday, March 25, 2010

4 Years Old!

Yesterday my little guy turned 4! I guess I shouldn't call him little anymore, because he is not. He is so big and I can hardly believe it. Dusty brings so much joy into our lives! He is such a character and always makes us smile! He loved having a birthday, lets just say, he was treated extra special.
We have made it a tradition to start our kids birthdays off, by singing happy birthday, eating cake for breakfast, and letting them open a present. So that is what we did. We got him a new Leapster, since the one he got for his birthday last year got ruined. He has been playing with it nonstop.
He spent the rest of the day, watching tv, going to the ranch with Dad, helping me clean the house to get ready for guests, and then waiting for his family to come for cake and ice cream. His birthday requests were a firetruck cake and homemade ice cream. So that is what he got!
He loved his cake! Too bad it had an accident before we could sing happy birthday!

His last request was pizza for dinner, so I thought it would be fun to let them make their own little pizzas. Nate wasn't able to make it home before the party, so we didn't get to making the pizzas till after. Which made for a fun late night!

He got a bubble blower, a bowling game, some firetrucks and farm toys, and some books and a pair of pants. When I asked him what his favorite part of his day was, he said, "I don't know, I liked it all!" So I guess he had a great day! We love you buddy!

5 comments:

Kailee Joy said...

Happy Birthday Dusty!
His cake turned out great and the pizza looks yummy... great party!
and...
Congrats on Baby #3! :)

Chavonne said...

I can't believe how big Dusty is getting. I also love his stories. He was telling me some while you were at the store. You'll have two VERY good helpers for the new baby. I'm so excited for you!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh...... SO funny that Dusty had a fire engine cake! Jack's birthday is in 3 weeks and I keep going back to a Fire Engine theme. I love the cake!! You did a great job!!
Love the pizza idea too! I'm totally using that. Jack's favorite thing is pizza so how fun to let everyone top there own!! Love it! Great idea's and happy birthday to Dusty!! Such cute kids!

Syme Family said...

I can't believe he is four. They grow up so fast. I love his cake it turned out really cute.
Congrats on Baby #3.

Megan said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you have a 4 year old! You are the cutest little family! Love the cake!!!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May