Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tagging

This time of year is very busy for us on the ranch. The cows are calving and the sheep are lambing. So to get to see Nate we have to go down there to see him. Which is something that I really enjoy! I love watching him do the things he loves. And I like it when I get to join in and help. I went down to watch him tag calves, which is what we have to do so we can tell which calf goes to which momma, and I decided to bring my camera along to take some pictures, so enjoy!

Some of the cows

Of course I had to get a couple shots of my cute kids!
Chad, Nate, Gabe, and Johnny

I actually took this pic with my cell phone a different day, I had to get this shot, because this little calf was following my kids around, it was so funny! They loved it, they kept picking up hay off the ground and trying to feed it, and petting it. I think it wanted to play with them. It was cute!

5 comments:

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

The joys of farm life!! I love spring time because of all the baby animals. I love that the calf was trying to play with your kids.

Lauren said...

Aw! What cute baby! Love little calves. You kids are super cute too ;)

Chase and Megan Whittaker said...

That was a fun post Felic! Are those Nate's brother's or just hired men? How neat that your kids get to grow up with that! :)

Nate and Felicia said...

No Megan, they are just some friends of Nate's that like to come help him on their time off. Nate actually really appreciates it, just because he is so busy. Gabe is Chad's son, Chad comes down about everyday after he gets off work. He is a great friend!

Heather said...

My husband would LOVE to do that for his job!!! your kids are so CUTE and Im not sure if I have told you yet but CONGRATS on number three on the way that is so EXCITING!!!!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May