Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Being A Mother Of 3


Most of you may read the title of this and expect this post to be about how it is so hard to have 3 kids....well, its not going to be. While I was pregnant, I heard from soo many people how 3 kids are so much harder than 2 and it is such a big adjustment and not to get too anxious to get him here, because its easier when they are inside you. So, I decided that I was NOT going to listen to any of that advice, I was going to go into it more excited than ever and I wasn't going to get trapped into the thought of "having 3 kids is going to be so hard". When Kort was born, I am not going to lie it was an adjustment, but isn't it always an adjustment when you have a baby, no matter what number it is? If there is any advice I would have to give to a soon to be mother of 3, it is to be excited, even for the hard parts, because the hard parts are what make you stronger and smarter.
I don't think having three kids is harder, and maybe its because Kort is such a good baby and my other two have been so good to him, I don't know, but yes we have hard times and I have times when I am overwhelmed, but I had those times before he was here. I have absolutely loved experiencing the third child. Everyday I am so overwhelmed with the love I feel from my kids. If it isn't one child smiling and laughing with me then it is another child playing and laughing with a sibling. Dusty and Kaylee have me rolling in laughter at least once a day and Kort makes me smile all day long with his awesome love for life.
If anything, having 3 has been a blessing to me, it has made me a better mom. I have had to figure out what is the most important of my priorities and I am still learning, but that is what life is all about! I am so blessed to have these amazing children in my life. They are healthy and continue to learn each day and that is what matters the most!

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

You are doing a great job Miss Felicia! When you are a Mom doing it all on your own, then things get tough... single Mom's and Dad's have it the worst. Thankfully you have a partner to help you tackle them when things get overwhelming... and support groups are wonderful to have to. I am glad you can see that your children are a blessing.

ToOdLeS.

Malaree said...

I think that YOU are amazing and your kids are darling! I would agree with you 100%. I don't think having a third baby is that much harder than two :)

Chase and Megan Whittaker said...

Felic, you freakin rock! I can just tell that you are the BEST little Mom!! You have an adorable family!!

LudvigsonFamily said...

Felicia I got teary eyed reading this post. You little darlings are so lucky to have you as their mommy. I totally agree with everything you said about having 3 kids. I need to be more like you and cherish every moment. I also agree that having the third child did not change things up to much. Love ya tons!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May