So today we walked to the store to get a treat with the money that Great Grandma Thomson gave to the kids a few days ago. Dusty and Kaylee picked out what they wanted and we walked home. They went straight downstairs to watch a show and eat their treat. I stayed upstairs to do a few things, next thing I know, Dusty comes up with chocolate all over his hands and his chocolate bar is pretty much melted and he has wiped it all over his pants. I looked at him and said," Dusty, why did you wipe it all over your pants, you should have come and got a paper towel, now your pants are all dirty." Then he looks at me and says, "Mom, thats what cowboys do." And then walks off. Oookaaay, apparrently that makes it alright, hehe. Nate always wipes everything on his pants when he's working, wether its oil, mud, blood, anything, if he doesn't have anywhere to wipe it, he uses his pants, so I am sure thats where he got it.
This boy is so funny when it comes to cowboyin'. He hasn't been one of those kids that has to wear a cowboy hat whenever he leaves the house or shows alot of interest in doing cowboy things all the time, which is kinda not what I really expected to see in my first boy because its Nate's passion, he LOVES it. And its not like Dusty doesn't love it, because he does, he loves to go with Nate, and whenever he does he has to wear his hat and if they're goin riding then he wants his chinks and spurs and vest. But every once in a while he will say things like this that makes me think, in his mind, he knows he IS a cowboy and he doesn't have to try and show everyone that he likes to do cowboy things. And that he already knows how to do cowboy stuff or he will automatically know how to do certain things when he reaches a certain age, because he is a cowboy. I have heard Nate say several times that being a Rancher is not just a job, its who you are, its a lifestyle. I didn't grow up around it, but I have come to love it myself, and I am so greatful I get to raise my kids in this way of life. I just think it is funny that Dusty has shown his love for it in a different way then I expected him to. And I think it will be interesting to see what becomes his favorite part of it, and continue to teach me that, "That's what cowboys do".




2 comments:
Yeah Mom...
its what cowboys do!
Loved the story Miss Felicia.
ToOdLeS.
That is so cute and sure does sound like something Dusty boy would say! :)
Post a Comment