Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Uh-Oh

I wanted to show everyone the kinds of things that happen to me just about everyday. Yesterday I decided to give my house a good cleaning, which meant I couldn't keep my eye on these two hoodlums every second. I think they know when I can't, because something huge like this always happens. So I am cleaning thinking everything is great because they are playing and having fun, usually they get kinda quiet and I hear laughter every now and then when they are in to something. Then I start to notice that they are coughing and sniffing quite a bit. So I call for Dusty and Kaylee comes in, white as a ghost! Come to find out they found the bag of grout we had left over from doing the bathroom, and dumped it out all over! The bag was almost full and it was empty when I found them. I took their picture, so I can show them when they get older the things they did to me. So then I take them up and get them in the bath and come back down to clean it up. Luckily our basement isn't all finished so its cement floor, so I swept it up and put it in the garbage right there.

So I go back up and clean them up as good as I can and decide that I need to spend a little time with them so they aren't looking for attention. So we go back downstairs and I turn a movie on for Dusty and I am holding Kaylee and she is being kinda fussy, so I start looking for her binky. Of course, I can't find it anywhere, I am looking for it for a long time and I have others but, of course, I can't find those either. So I am all over upstairs looking and come back downstairs just to find out, Dusty has decided to dump the garbage out. The one with all the grout in it and a whole bunch of other crap. So by this time I am so mad and frustrated that I just leave it, discipline him, throw him in the shower, and call Nate to come home. Because by this time I can't handle it on my own, I am too mad.
I just wanted everyone to see the kinds of things that happen to moms with two little mischief kids, it's double the mess. They don't happen just once either.One kid can make a mess, but when there is two of them it's twice as big. It's crazy the things that entertain little ones. By the way I found out not too long ago that milk takes crayon off the TV. Ya my son some how got the crayons and colored on the TV, and I cleaned with Windex, it took the wax off but there was still a mark on there that you could see, but not feel. Then a few days later he spit milk on the TV, so I cleaned that off and the crayon marks were gone. So a little heads up for those of you who have mischievous little ones who can't move yet. Watch out when they can move.

8 comments:

Duane and Meka said...

OH MY!!! That is so funny and cute, at least for me to read! I would be so stressed too though if I had been cleaning all day and that happened TWICE! Oh my heck crayons and milk on the tv, so random. I know you are such a good mom though. I babysat this kid once and he peed on my couch and he is 4! I was sooooo mad! I am not as patient as you, that's for sure!

Amanda Monk said...

Oh my Gosh! I've lost it before too! The first time you deal with it better than the second time,right. Now you know why some people actually beat their kids! I've had to call my mom because I swear I wanted to smack one in the FACE! You did a good thing:) By the way this is SO much cuter when it happens to someone else! hehe!

Ashley said...

Holy cow!!!! All that sucks so bad and yet I can't stop laughing. I am so afraid for this stuff to happen to me(and I know it will). Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Haha, this is why I'm a bit scared to have two. Haha, you're a champ Felicia! I think I'd have sent them off to the coal mines. :) Way cute pictures though...

Anonymous said...

OH MY HECK!!! Oh man, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. That is hilarious! I'm so sorry you had to clean it up twice. I'm sure its funny to you now right? What a great example of what I'm getting myself into.

Nate and Felicia said...

Ya you two just wait, and I do have to admit, after I posted this and let all my steam out I did have a good laugh about the whole thing. Its pretty funny.

Trent & Tara said...

That is hilarious. . .those photos are something else. They remind me of my sister Elliah's kids. Her boy is a lot like your kids. Man ya two kids is quite the load. Best of luck in the future.

Lauren said...

Its always good to hear other women's "kid stories!" I know I'm not the only one who's got hoodlums but its nice to see proof! Thanks for sharing your funny story. I hope Nate was helpful in the second clean up!!!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May