
We have been trying for quite some time now to potty train Dusty. He has done okay, but we have never gotten him to go #2 in toilet. He always gives up and wants his diaper back on so he can do it in there, or just goes in his underwear.
Lots of people have told me that I need to just wait until he is ready and wait till he tells you he wants to do it, which I would do....but there is one problem. The boy just will not keep his diaper on, he doesn't like it. So we are trying everything we can to make him want to do this.
So we decided to bribe him with a bike , because he has been begging for one. We bought him one and literally put it on top of the toilet and told him he can have it when he goes #2 in the potty.
Well that was almost a month ago and this morning he finally did it! I was so excited! I hope that he will continue to go in the toilet now that he sees it is not scary. Any tips would be greatly appreciated so I can keep it progressing.




7 comments:
Congrats to Dusty. You've been waiting for this day for a while. I hope he keeps it up! Lilly will be jealous when she sees his big boy bike!
That is so funny! Good thinking. Allie is still working on going #2in the toilet. She's getting better. But I've had to hose her off out in the hose before!
Congrats! I am not looking forward to potty training.
Way to go! Cute blog Felicia! I'm glad you found mine!
Felicia, this is Mekas mom and I once had a child that would not go and I took off his diaper and let him go around the house naked and he would not go on the floor, so he used the toilet. It took about 3 days of a naked kid but it worked. Love seeing you and your kids , they are so cute.
dude! the little boy I watch is three and still not potty trained.. I've heard that it takes boys longer, but this guy won't go!.. I'm so jealous! but Congrats! :)
KYREANA is still working on being potty trained herself. She always tells me that she has to go 10 min after eating. Before he bath and after her bath while i'm dressing her sister. I got her big girl pants already and she does okay only having accidents while she sleeps , but she is almost done with being potty training.
Post a Comment