Thursday, January 29, 2009

I love my kids!

The other day I made some hot chocolate and toast for the kids' breakfast. I gave them half a piece of toast and one cup of hot chocolate to share. I told them to dip their toast in the hot chocolate. So Dusty did and Kaylee followed. Kaylee dipped pretty much the whole thing so it was a while before she could dip it again. She finally managed to eat all the soggy part of her toast so I said,"Kaylee, you wanna dip your toast again?" She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and said"Uh-huh". Then she lifted her foot onto the table. She was going to dip her toes in. Then I realized what she was doing and probably didn't know what toast was. So I corrected myself and said, "No, not your toes, dip your bread in." She then smiled at me as if to say, OK that sounds a little better.
Last night, I told Kaylee to go get a diaper so I could change her bum, so she headed off on her mission. It was taking her a while, so I sent Dusty to help her. About five minutes go by, and then they return with this as the result.
She found the swimming diapers and they looked funner than the regular old diapers I guess. So her and Dusty decided to put them on themselves. Lets just say that Dusty was a little better at it than her.

6 comments:

The Oler Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I laughed my face off! I love the picture of Kaylee.

Malaree said...

That is so adorable- your kids are so cute and funny!

Kailee Joy said...

haha that's too funny! I love the diaper... :)

Lauren said...

Oh goodness! I love it! What a cute little bum!!

Marcie said...

You guys have some fun moments at your house! I'll have to tell you about our not-so-fun potty chair story.

Chavonne said...

I didn't see this post!! How hilarious. Okay, for real, we need to hang out. I feel like it has been forever, 'cause my kids were sick for a while.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May