Friday, September 25, 2009

Dusty in the night & Viva la Husbands

One night a couple of weeks ago, we were all sleeping and Dusty had made his way into our bed. I woke up and took him back into his room, he didn't wake up at all when I laid him down. I went back in my bed and I was almost asleep and all of a sudden I heard someone rummaging around in the kitchen. I was so freaked out I woke Nate up and said, "Nate, there is someone in the kitchen." He sat up and listened for a minute. Sometimes Nate doesn't really wake up when I wake him up, so I said it again, a little more firm this time. So he gets out of bed and grabs his shotgun, goes to the living room and turns on the light. All of a sudden Dusty comes walking out with a big grin on his face,
Dusty: Whatcha doin Dad?
Nate as he is standing there in shock: What are you doing?
Dusty: I was just gettin a drink of water.
Dusty: Is that yours?
Nate: Yes
Dusty: Well, who you gonna shoot?!
Nate didn't answer, he just gave him a kiss goodnight and was thinking, well, I almost shot you. He was still in shock, Dusty never gets a drink without asking me to get it for him, especially at night. He came back in the room and told me all about it. We were laughing for about a half hour after the fact. Dusty is always so full of surprises. There is never a dull moment at our house. I never even thought about the person in our kitchen being Dusty because he was sound asleep when I laid him down.
This is a picture of Dusty in the fire truck, it has nothing to do with the story but it is a cute picture.
But speaking of Fire Trucks, I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but Nate is on the volunteer Fire Department here in Ephraim. A few weeks ago the city had a Banquet Dinner for everyone who is employed with the city. Nate doesn't do too well going to these kinds of things, he doesn't like being around alot of people, so we weren't going to go. Then one of his buddies kept calling me telling me to make sure Nate goes, and that it is important to get him there. So we ended up going. Come to find out, he got an award for being the 2009 Fire Dept. employee of the year! So he got his name put in a drawing and he won. He got a flag that has been flown at the City Building. What an honor! I am so proud of him. He always puts in a 100 percent no matter what he does! I love him so much!
The reason I am posting this is because my friend Melissa posted a little while ago about her husband and made her own tag, because she has to be without him for a while because of his job. So to cheer herself up she posted about her husband and tagged everyone who read it.

Anyways, back to Nate, I asked him to draw a picture of his semi for one of the stories in my preschool lesson. I was expecting a basic outline of a semi and this is what I got.
See what I mean when I say he does everything 100 percent. He is so awesome with the kids, they hate when they don't get to go to the ranch with him. He always knows when I am bordering insanity, because he makes me feel better and relieves me of my stress before I get there. I don't know what I would do without him, he is the best.
So now I tag you! VIVA LA HUSBANDS!

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Dusty 'little man'... keep hollaring for Mom to getcha that drink of water... you will live longer. ;)
I loved the story Felicia.

Also...
Congrats to your Nate. I don't blame him for not liking crowds... I don't like them much either. I think I got that from my hubby so he may rub off on you. Not a bad thing by any means.

ToOdLeS.

ps. I will take your tag... but give me a couple days.

Lauren said...

He he! So cute! Glad Nate did shoot Dusty!!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May