Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kaylee's Prayer


Last night, Nate was out late with a fire. So I put the kids in bed and we said family prayer in their room. Kaylee always wants to say the prayer. So, I let her and asked Dusty if he would help her. So this is how it went,
Kaylee: Dear thankful Father
Dusty: Thankful
Kaylee: This day, bless I can have a princess bike like Oakley and Karley and Lilly and ask Dad
Dusty: Good job Kaylee. Thankful for church and nursery
Kaylee: Church and Nursery
Pause
Mom: Please bless Dad
Kaylee: to be safe
Mom: Please bless we will sleep good
Kaylee: sleep good, not get scared, wake up in the morning freshed
Mom: In the name of Jesus
Kaylee: Christ, Amen!
I love little prayers. They always make me smile! I love how it brings out the sweetness in your kids. I always think to myself, "Heavenly Father has to be up there just smiling down on this sweet little one and laughing at the cute things they say."

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Nothing better than a childs prayer.

ToOdLeS.

ps. Kaylee is adorable.

Natalie said...

So cute!!!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

That is so sweet! I love little kid prayers!

Torrey said...

Thanks for inviting me to see your blog! Your kids are SO stinkin' cute. Kaylee talks so well! I was seriously laughing out loud. Dusty (love the name btw) sounds like such a sweet boy.

Syme Family said...

I love when kids say prayers too. I can't wait tell Robyn starts saying them.
We have a little girl in our primary class that goes on and on. But she says the funniest things. It's so hard for me and Matt not to laugh.

Nathan Kay and Felicia May