Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Snowfall

Last Tuesday night I looked out the window and it was snowing! I told the kids and Kaylee started jumping for joy and they wanted to go outside right away. So I let them go out for just a second because it was dark and they weren't dressed for the cold. They went out and caught a couple snowflakes and came back in. But the next morning they got up and noticed there was about an inch of snow outside so they had to go out. So I put their boots and coats on and let them go play until they were too cold to handle it. I was a little worried because I kept telling Dusty a while ago that Christmas wouldn't be here until it snowed, because he kept asking me if it was Christmas yet. But I guess he got over it because he didn't ask, thank goodness. Which reminds me of something he said to Nate a while ago that was cute.
We have a light switch in our house for our Christmas lights and Dusty was trying to turn it on, and so Nate asked him not to and explained to him that they're for the Christmas lights. So he started rambling on that sounded something like this, " Christmas lights outside on the house, when it snows outside and we have a poky tree!" I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway here are a few pics of my kids playing in the first snowfall.

Dusty and Kaylee

Dusty showing me all the snow

Kaylee and our new dog Brootus, that we got back in July or August. I think this is the first time I have put him on our blog. He is pretty cute, I really liked him at first, but now he drives me crazy, because I have hard time keeping my house smelling clean, but he has been pretty fun other wise and the kids love him to death so I guess he is staying:)

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Oh.
I would love to have some snow...
or a first snowfall. I am sure glad that someone gets to enjoy the white-stuff.

You have such cute kids.

ToOdLeS.

Chavonne said...

Geez. You guys sure kept your snow. It sounds like Dusty makes up songs like his mom used to when she was little rocking away in the rocking chair. Cute Costumes!! Thanks for letting us borrow yours!

J and Heather said...

I am soooo jealous of your snow!!!! And you have a very cute puppy. I remember you telling me about him and now I see how cute he is. By the way your costumes for the kids are perfect. Rodeo Princess... never thought of before but very clever. Those two are just too dang cute!!

Nathan Kay and Felicia May