
About a month our two ago, my friend put her love story on her blog. It was fun for me to read it and so I wanted to put mine on here. The 9th was our 6 year anniversary, and I was planning on doing it then, but my internet was down for a few days at that time, and now I am just getting to it.This is a long post, but I didn't want to leave anything out. I love my love story. Everyone has a love story, so I hope you share yours!
The first time I saw Nate was at the Malt Shop on a Sunday morning. My roommate's (Mariah) boyfriend (Ben) was with him, we were walking by on our way to church, so we stopped to say hi. They were skipping church to get icecream (Nate's family owned the Malt Shop at the time and he had a key so they could go there even when it wasn't open) and the only thing I remember about seeing him there was him popping his head up out of the icecream freezer and asking us if we wanted some. Me being the shy person that I am of course said something like, "No, we are on our way to church and are already a little late," if I even said that much. So Mariah gave Ben a smooch and we left. I just remember thinking that he was very CUTE and that there is no way that I would be able to get a guy like that. (I don't know why I didn't have more confidence in myself , but I didn't).
So a couple of weeks went by and Mariah and Ben decided that they were going to set me up with Nate. I was a little nervous, because I didn't realize that he was the same guy from the Malt Shop, and blind dates are kind of scary. But Mariah assured me that he was cute and so I agreed as did Nate, and we set a date. Which was October 21, 2003.
They came to pick us up and I can still picture him coming in our front door, and I can even remember what he was wearing. The second I saw him, I think I let out a sigh of relief, because he WAS GOOD LOOKING!
We went outside and all piled into the front seat of his, awesome, brand new, loud, black, dodge truck! They were taking us up the mountain to watch a movie in the back of his truck. Nate and I talked on the way up there, trying to get to know each other. We got to the spot and there were already couches set up, they made a fire and made us some dinner. They set up the TV so we could watch a show, which I don't remember the movie because the TV was small and we didn't really watch much of it. We were both a little hesitant about holding hands during the movie, when all of a sudden a couple of their friends snuck up behind us and shot a gun and scared the crap out of me, and I grabbed onto Nate. That broke the ice for us and we were starting to like each other. We continued to hold hands through the rest of the movie (if we watched the rest, I don't remember). Afterwards we decided to drive around, because none of us were ready to go home. So we piled back in his truck, listened to Bon Jovi, and drove around. We ended up around the ranch, searching for animals to shoot. Then, since Nate and I were sitting so close to each other, we ended up getting lost in each other's eyes. We started leaning in to kiss when all of sudden Ben yelled, "Stop the truck!" then him and Mariah jumped out to try and get a skunk or something. So then we kinda felt a little funny that our first attempt didn't work out and started talking about the song that was playing. Yes, I know this was only our first date, and normally I wouldn't have let this happen so soon, but I REALLY liked him already, and for some reason I REALLY wanted to.
Ben and Mariah jumped back in and we started going again. Then our feelings started getting a little stronger again and we both leaned in to go for that kiss. We were successful this time, and oh man, it was and still is the BEST kiss I have ever had. Nate would tell this part of the story differently, because he thinks that I kissed him, where I think we both went for it at the same time.
We drove around a little longer and then they took us home, where he kissed me again! I went in feeling so happy and worried at the same time. I was so happy, but I was a little worried that he got what he wanted from me and wouldn't want to see me again. I soo badly wanted to see him again.
The next night, I was doing my homework, and all of a sudden I could hear someone outside yelling my name. I went outside and found Nate and Ben out there in his truck calling my name through a megaphone. I was flattered and jumped in the truck with them. I don't remember what we did, but I was sure glad he came back for me!
Our relationship moved along so fast, we were together ALOT. On Halloween, (which was 10 days after the first date) I took Nate to my parent's house so he could meet them. We ended up at the park in Fountain Green, where we were cuddling, and talking. I could tell there was something on Nate's mind, but he didn't want to tell me. I wouldn't leave him alone about it, and so he finally said, "I think I am falling in love with you."
That was a big shocker for me, I was NOT expecting that. And then poor Nate heard my reply, "I don't know if I am ready to say that yet." Wow, I am a jerk, I am surprised he wanted to see me again. I explained to him, that I wanted to make sure I really loved him before I could say that, because I had been told that before, and it ended up being fake.
So he stuck around and we were still together all the time and 4 days later I told him that I was falling in love with him. I had never moved so fast with a guy before, but there was something about the feelings I had for him. I was so sure that we were always going to be together.
We dated for 6 months and he was all I could think about. April 2, 2004 he took me on our first horse ride together. We stopped by the trees at his ranch and we could see the temple from where we were. We were just sitting there on the horses looking at the temple, when he said, "The first time I saw you, I wanted to talk to you, the first time I talked to you, I wanted to kiss you, the first time I kissed you, I wanted to love you, the first time I loved you, I never wanted to lose you. I never want to lose you, Felicia, will you marry me?" He pulled out the ring, I started crying and said, "YES!" Then the horse started getting ancy and moved away while he was trying to put the ring on, so I grabbed the ring and off went the horse. To this day Nate teases me about grabbing the ring and taking off and all I wanted was a ring, I didn't care about him, but I was just trying to keep the ring from falling on the ground, and I didn't really know how to control the horse.
I was completely surprised! Nate had to make sure that I knew that I wasn't just marrying him, but I was marrying the ranch too, haha. I said, "Of course!" The picture at the top was taken that day!
3 Months later on July 9, 2004 Nate and I were sealed in the Manti Temple. Its been 6 years of ups and downs, and I still love him soo much! All that matters is that we are happy! Happy Anniversary Babe! I still don't know how I got so lucky! I love you!




12 comments:
That is a very cute love story. I can always read a love story.
ToOdLeS.
Aw! I love how he proposed. What a great story. :)
Aw I cried a little! I'm kind of sad I missed out on all that! I guess me going home is part of my love story though! The same time you were dating Nate, I was dating Duane! I love the way he purposed! Miss you Felicia!
Oh so Cute, and wonderful and happy :)...
I've heard all this before, but it was fun to read in details. I have to add my foot note that Ross was one of the friends who shot the gun. I think that's kinda funny. Love you! Hope you had a nice anniversary!
Way cute story!! Happy Anniversary!
I LOVED this! How romantic! It is always fun to hear other people's love stories.
Happy Anniversary!
So sweet! You guys are such a cute couple and have adorable kids. Happy Anniversary!
hooray for love stories...so glad you shared yours. How cute are you guys? how are you feeling. I am getting along pretty good. Dang 6 years is long.
Aw, love it! Congratulations on 6 years!:)
OH I LOVE IT!!!! You two are the bestest and I miss you oh so much!!!! Wow already 6 years....HAPPY late ANNIV.!!!
Haha! I couldn't stop laughing cause it's SOOO dang funny! Not sure it was suppose to be but it was! Thanks for sharing your fun. fast love story:) I LOOOVVVE the picture above-such a babe:)
Post a Comment