
This cute little girl had her first day of preschool on September 7th. This is the only picture I could get of her that day and it was from my cell phone, because she was for some reason being camera shy that day, I at least got part of her face right. She absolutely loved it! She has been waiting a whole year to start school and it finally came. She gets more excited at going than Dusty does. It was a little hard for me to believe that my baby girl was starting preschool already. But I guess that is how it goes.
This little buckaroo has had quite a few "firsts". Nate found him a horse at the beginning of the month. Dusty had been asking him about every week if he could ride and help him with the cows on the mountain, so Nate found him a really old horse and she has been great! Dusty went on his first ride on the mountain with Nate on the 11th. It wasn't just a little ride either, it was an all day ride and he enjoyed every second of it. Emily (his horse) was more wore out than he was. He was so cute that morning getting ready. He had to have his boots, spurs, cowboy hat, vest and sunglasses, just like dad. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him that day, but I didn't. Kaylee was as jealous as could be, but I don't think she would be able to handle a ride like that quite yet.



She got to ride Emily the other day when we brought sheep off the mountain. Dusty and Nate met the sheep and hired men at the bottom of the mountain and helped them through town. When they were about there Kaylee and I met up with them and Kaylee got to ride the rest of the way with Dusty. It is a good thing she only rode a short ways, because she was literally head banging the whole ride.
Another first for Dusty was writing his name. I have been trying to work with Dusty on learning to write his name and I was struggling to even get him interested in writing at all. Over the summer I got him to write the letter D, but he got bored of it and never wanted to move forward with the other letters. Then on the 24th after school, Kaylee fell asleep for a nap, so I decided to get this caterpillar out and try to get him to make it, because he wouldn't at school. He was up for it, so we gave it a try. I showed him the letters of his name and told him to write them in each circle, and he did it! All by himself! I was sooo surprised! I was expecting to help him with a few of the letters or all of them, but he was so willing to try and I think he did pretty awesome! I helped him with his Y, because his looked like a capital H, but at least he gave it a try! Hopefully we can keep it up, and he can get better.
Then on the 26th, Dusty decided it was time for Nate to take the training wheels off of his bike. Nate made them pretty uneven a while ago so that he could learn to keep his balance and it worked. He was hardly even using them, so when he got them off he did great! He didn't even want us to help him, he wanted to figure it out on his own, and he did. Kaylee wanted Nate to take hers off as well, but we talked her into waiting a little while. He made her training wheels uneven so she could learn, and that was good enough for her. Here is a video of Dusty on his bike, this was only his third try! His feet were on the ground a lot the first two tries, as was he. So we'll put this one up.
I am so proud of my kids! I feel like they have grown so much this past summer, its crazy! I love them so much and am so grateful they are mine!




2 comments:
It's always fun to watch your children experience their firsts... and there sure are a whole lot of them but I never get tired of seeing the magic in their eyes when they get to do something they love.
ToOdLeS.
I can't believe how big they both are. I love Kaylee's sound effects, and i love the lazy T in Dusty's name just like on you guys' brand--cute kids!!
Post a Comment